Competitive Edge Advertising Specialty Mfg. Co. (Competitive Edge) is a large promotional products manufacturer and distributor located in Des Moines, Iowa and our extensive use of cutting edge technology makes us industry leaders. We have several websites and specialize in a wide variety of imprinted advertising specialty and promotional products. The Art Department is charged with enhancing the image of our company, as well as that of our clients.
We are seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to join our Art Department in the design and layout of a variety of creative materials, including logos, t-shirts, catalogs, websites, marketing collateral and more. In this dynamic role you will apply your creative expertise to conceptualize, articulate, and present concepts.
A successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player with a proactive approach who thrives in fast-paced environments. Must be extremely creative and detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop effective designs and layouts including logos, t-shirts, identity systems, print and digital publications, catalogs, space ads, direct mail pieces, insert pieces, sample boxes, brochures, etc.
- Design and preparation of digital promotions including e-newsletters/e-blasts, websites, banners, social media, marketing collateral, etc.
- Create, clean up, or resize customer’s art and/or logos for various types of ad specialties and promotional products including artwork required for catalog orders.
- Develop engaging designs that advance clients’ positioning and achieve clients’ goals on time and within budget.
- Create artwork for film output related to textile screen printing and digitizing of artwork for embroidery.
- Produce the artwork specifications for all ad specialty orders as described on art specification sheets or according to requirements described by salespersons or members of the management team.
- Prepare final original artwork to accompany purchase orders to vendors of imprinted ad specialty products.
- Meet the production art requirements of the company as assignments come into the department in a timely, accurate, and professional manner.
- Proofreads, compares, and verifies the accuracy of all details such as font type, size, color, copy, and logo specifications for all jobs assigned
- Follow existing style guides as well as creating new designs and accompanying style guides
- Keep current with existing trends impacting graphic design and graphic design tools
- Perform other duties or special projects as assigned
- Technical art or graphic design training or instruction; Associate Degree in Applied Arts, Graphic Design, or Commercial Art.
- At least 3 years experience of professional graphic design experience working with print, web, and digital media.
- Proven experience developing effective designs and layouts including logos, t-shirts, identity systems, print publications, digital publications, catalogs, e-newsletters/e-blasts, websites, banners, social media, marketing collateral, and more.
- Expertise in using relevant software applications including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, etc., and all online production techniques.
- Prior experience in ad specialty, B2B e-Commerce or retail industries preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of print, web, and digital production processes.
- Skilled in typography, layout, and color theory, both in print and digital media.
- Must have production skills including trapping color, textile color separation, etc.
- Strong illustrative skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Experience in shooting and editing digital photography.
- Proven ability to lead projects and collaborate with creative teams.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines while paying impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to be flexible as project and management needs change, all while balancing competing demands.
- Self-starter who works well independently and in a team environment with a strong interest in graphic design.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written skills, with the ability to quickly build effective working relationships with individuals in a variety of business functions.
- Positive outlook and professionalism in all aspects of daily tasks.
We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with knowledge and experience level. For consideration, please send resume with salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Graphic Designer” in the subject line. EOE.